Re-opening Announcements and Procedures
We are now open for in-person meetings.
The following meetings meet in-person: All 7pm meetings except Sunday, 6 days a week, the Monday 10am NA meeting, the Monday 8:30pm NA meeting, the Saturday 11:30am AA Literature meeting, the Sunday 8:30pm AA Candlelight Discussion, the Sunday 11:30am CMA meeting, and the new Thursday Evening 5:30pm Women's 12 & 12 Group.
All meetings are either in-person only, Zoom only, or in-person with a separate meeting on Zoom.
Noon meetings will continue virtually only, 7 days a week.
The 7:30am Living in the Solution meetings will remain on Zoom for the time being.
We ask that you continue to wear masks when indoors at the Rec Room for the time being. We are considered a healthcare facility, and are following the City of Chicago guidelines for healthcare facilities.
Please be kind, respectful, and mindful of all folks in our rooms. We have all been through a hell of a time, and are navigating the world anew.
The Recovery Room (Rec Room) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization consisting of a community of individuals dedicated to celebrating the diversity of 12-step recovery in a spirit of inclusiveness. We are a non-exclusionary safe social network welcoming experiences, voices and talents. We seek to build community in a manner that encourages and reinforces our commitment to a clean and sober lifestyle.
- To provide social and recreational opportunities for persons seeking an alternative safe space in our recovery community.
- To provide a central meeting location for 12-step programs of recovery.
- To welcome all members of the GLBT community to a safe recovery community.
- To provide a safe recovery space for young people seeking fellowship with others.
- To affirm the sobriety lifestyle to those new in recovery by providing creative outlets that nurture their potential.
- To experience the joy possible in embracing a life in recovery.
Rec Room Chicago
c/o K. Butler
4350 N. Broadway St. Unit 801
Chicago, IL 60613