Re-opening Announcements and Procedures
- We will be opening up for in-person evening meetings beginning with the 7pm meeting on Saturday, June 19, 2021. The first 7:30 am in-person meeting starting date has yet to be determined. They will continue virtually until a decision has been made.
- The 7 pm meetings will be transitioning to hybrid meetings, meaning they will meet in-person as well as simultaneously being available virtually, via Zoom. Please bear with us as we adjust to the technical aspects of a hybrid meeting.
- The evening meetings will all be at 7pm, 7 days a week.
- Noon meetings will continue virtually only, 7 days a week.
- The Saturday (AA literature) and Sunday (CMA) 11:30 am meetings do not have an in-person start date yet. They will continue as virtual meetings for the time being.
- All other meetings have the hybrid option, if they would like.
- We ask that you continue to wear masks when indoors at the Rec Room for the time being. We consider ourselves a healthcare facility, and are following the City of Chicago guidelines for healthcare facilities.
- There will be a technical guide prepared by Dave P., to assist in the setup of the hybrid meetings. Each 7:30am and 7pm meeting should have a chairperson/host AND a tech person.
- Please be kind, respectful, and mindful of all folks in our rooms. We have all been through a hell of a time, and are navigating the world anew.
Coming end of July—Recovering Artists Series returns with new artwork by Ludwig!
The Recovery Room (Rec Room) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization consisting of a community of individuals dedicated to celebrating the diversity of 12-step recovery in a spirit of inclusiveness. We are a non-exclusionary safe social network welcoming experiences, voices and talents. We seek to build community in a manner that encourages and reinforces our commitment to a clean and sober lifestyle.
- To provide social and recreational opportunities for persons seeking an alternative safe space in our recovery community.
- To provide a central meeting location for 12-step programs of recovery.
- To welcome all members of the GLBT community to a safe recovery community.
- To provide a safe recovery space for young people seeking fellowship with others.
- To affirm the sobriety lifestyle to those new in recovery by providing creative outlets that nurture their potential.
- To experience the joy possible in embracing a life in recovery.
Rec Room Chicago
c/o J. Rohrbacher
3550 N. Lake Shore Drive #2503
Chicago, IL 60657