For the safety of the Rec Room fellowship, and to slow down the progression of the corona virus, the Rec Room will follow the same protocol for restaurants and bars as implemented by our governor. We will be closed for in-person meetings and events until further notice. We are holding virtual meetings on ZOOM daily at noon and 7 pm. Access these meetings with the "ZOOM Noon & 7PM" link above right, or by calling 312.626.6799. Stay tuned to our Facebook page, "RR on Facebook" button, and website http://www.recroomchicago.org for updates and information on online meetings. Please stay safe.
The Recovery Room (Rec Room) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization consisting of a community of individuals dedicated to celebrating the diversity of 12-step recovery in a spirit of inclusiveness. We are a non-exclusionary safe social network welcoming experiences, voices and talents. We seek to build community in a manner that encourages and reinforces our commitment to a clean and sober lifestyle.
- To provide social and recreational opportunities for persons seeking an alternative safe space in our recovery community.
- To provide a central meeting location for 12-step programs of recovery.
- To welcome all members of the GLBT community to a safe recovery community.
- To provide a safe recovery space for young people seeking fellowship with others.
- To affirm the sobriety lifestyle to those new in recovery by providing creative outlets that nurture their potential.
- To experience the joy possible in embracing a life in recovery.
Rec Room Chicago
c/o J. Rohrbacher
3550 N. Lake Shore Drive #2503
Chicago, IL 60657